Friday, July 03, 2009

In Utero...

This posting is about a show which I've seen 15 years ago in Munich: NIRVANA

I went to that show with highest expectations but got an average, however highly professional performance. When I think back to that show, I really got the impression that the band - in persona Kurt Cobain - didn't like to be what they were: teenage stars... I was young at this time, however I wasn't a teenage anymore ;-), so I watched the band from a longer distance. As I can remember, it was quite a short gig, just a bit longer than an hour or so. The supporters were Melvins, who were also a great "seattle" band in that time, but not so famous in germany.

I was quite satiesfied to have seen one of my idols live on stage. For sure it was a legendary show, but due to a very sad circumstance. I just found out later, that this gig was the last Nirvana show ever. All the other gigs of the "In Utero" tour had been cancelled and about a month later, at April the 5th, Kurt Cobain died by a bullet of his shotgun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home