Friday, November 07, 2008

Warsaw

Last week I had the chance again to visit Warsaw. Due to my work I was able to meet my polish colleagues again... we are in contact every day by email and weekly by phone, but we meet personally just once in one or two years.



I like Warsaw, it's really a nice city with an interesting downtown and an absolute beautiful historical quarter. And I like the palace of culture and science, because it's an impressive tower and for sure one of the town's landmarks. But my polish colleagues told me, that Warsaw is not so happy with that tower as it's a symbol of the soviet repression era, they even call it a "poisoned wedding cake". Well, quite impressive for a cake...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi pronoah.

I try to leave a comment on your Warsaw trip. From which place did you take the picture with the skyscrapes? Looks very nice.

A late Marry Christmas and good jump into 2009 :-)

richard.

6:49 PM  
Blogger pronoah said...

Richard, you have the view if you drive from Kontron to the centre, when you make a stop at the bridge over the river... thanks for your greetings, wish you also all the best for 2009 :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home